What makes you special? No, not just your glowing personality and good looks. We’re talking about what makes you so special that you get noticed — out of all those other stylists out there who are basically doing the same thing you’re doing: haircuts, coloring, and all that other styling stuff.
As with other industries, you need to step up your game so that you’re standing out from your competitors. That type of attention-getting strategy requires thinking outside the box. Here are 5 ways you can stay ahead of the pack by showing potential clients that you’re different from all the rest.
- Study the trends. Don’t get comfortable by settling for what’s always worked for you in the past two, three or five years. Think of yourself as running a race or playing a game where you always have to maintain a competitive edge. And don’t just look at the stylists down the street as your competition. Look globally for those trends that can help you be the stylist that brings trends to your city.
- Be professional. Another way to step up your game is by keeping things extremely professional. Respect your clients’ time. Don’t overbook; stay on top of your scheduling. Always leave enough room between appointments. Your clients will be grateful that you don’t have them “on hold” for a lengthy amount of time just to get their hair cut.
- Extend yourself. One day a week — or maybe twice a week — extend yourself by extending your hours. Open at 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. to accommodate the busy schedules of your clients. Likewise, extend hours late one evening to make it easy for clients to get their beauty routine in. When renting a booth, make sure you ask about flexibility in operating hours.
- Be known for something. Are hair cuts your thing? Exceptional color? If you don’t really feel that you have a “thing,” find a thing. Again, check your list of beauty trends that are trending — like using organic hair products only — and make it your signature. Make sure it’s something you truly care about so that you can keep it up with a passion.
- Educate your customers. Don’t be stingy. Share your beauty and styling knowledge on your website and social networks — totally free of charge. By doing so, you boost your authority. Visitors to your website will appreciate that you seem to know what you’re talking about. And that makes them more likely to show up at your booth.
When you’re trying to get everything together, rely on Stylie to help you manage it all. Stylie offers a point-of-sale tool that allows you to maintain scheduling, the personal data on your customers, and other communications. Give it a try. Contact us for a free trial.
-Easy for you, Easy to love-