You’ve gone through beauty school. You’ve put in hours of training. You’ve got a booth at a salon. What now? How do you ensure clients are coming back and requesting you? Here are some tips on creating your own brand, which will get you on your way to client loyalty and more opportunities for employment.
1. Highlight your specialties. Make a list of select services you offer, or excel at that you offer to your clients. This isn’t a job description. Think about things that really set you apart from other stylists. What are the things that employers and clients compliment you on? Focus on these areas.
2. Shape your brand. Decide how you want your brand to reflect you. Do you want to be portrayed as a stylist who can satisfy any client or do you want to be known as the edgy rock-glam stylist with a niche?
3. Go for consistency. Make sure your appearance, resume, business cards, website, and social media presence reflect the brand you are creating. If they don’t, simply change it up. Always keep these up to date to echo your personal brand. This includes your portfolio as well.
4. Promote yourself. Celebrity hair colorist, Marco Pelusi, understands the importance of creating a blog and updating it regularly. You can use this as a tool to show off before and after photos, styling tips, video tutorials for the latest trends. As long as the visuals and posts match your personal brand and make you stand out among others, this is the best tool to establish yourself as an expert in your industry.
5. Meet people. This is the easy part. Just get out there. Go to as many networking events as your schedule allows. Have your business cards readily available, and always look and act the part of the personal brand you are creating. That means looking fabulous. Especially your hair.
Creating your personal brand can seem like a big challenge at first. Don’t get overwhelmed. Simply focus on one thing at a time and it will all come together. And to keep everything organized, we’re here to help. Check Stylie, which offers a point-of-sale tool specifically designed for independent beauty professionals, to help you leverage your business.
-Easy for you, Easy to love-