A faux French twist can add a certain level of glamour to any look you’re trying to pull off and we want to show you just how it’s done.
- Next, gather all of your hair into a ponytail at the base of your neck. Then keep twisting it up in a swirl so that this swirled ponytail travels from the base of your neck to the crown of your head.
- Now you’re ready to start pinning and secure the hair. The pinning technique is as follows: Go in with the back part of the bobby pin facing the scalp. Then stick it in and poke it through the other side of the twist. Use your other hand to find the back, looped end of the bobby pin. Then stick it back the other way. This process is a bit tricky to explain in words, so be sure to watch the video for the exact technique. But if you nail it, then you’ll be able to secure the whole look and also hide all of your pinning. That’s the key.
- If any hair falls out of the twist, simply twist it right back in and continue pinning. Keep adding bobby pins until you feel confident that the twist is secure.
- Once you reach the top of the twist, this is where you can get creative. In the video, Michelle G. likes to simply tuck in the loose pieces and pin them at the top. But feel free to experiment if you’re feeling inventive. 🙂
- Once you’re all finished pinning, be sure to use a good hairspray to secure the style.
Now you can rock that faux French twist any day! Debut your new look at a classy cocktail party and make a toast to your glamour! Stay beautiful, #BeautyKOs!
-Easy for you, Easy to love-