Have you considered adding video to your marketing strategy as a hairstylist? If not, why not? If you have a smartphone, you could be adding video as one of the many ways you can promote your skills.
Video is the next biggest thing in marketing and it’s not going to change any time soon. According to this article, YouTube was the third most visited website in the world in 2015. It’s probably already gone up from there. Once you’ve created a video related to being a independent stylist, or how to recreate a trendy hairstyle, you can simply upload it to YouTube and it’s available to your audience within minutes.
Sounds easy, right? There are some extra tips to ensure you are reaching the right people and getting the most out of the effort you put into your videos. Here are a few:
1. Do your keyword research: Performing keyword research can help you in titling and describing your video. Do you want your video at the top of Google’s search results or at the bottom? If you want it at the top, do your keyword research before posting. Google’s keyword tool is super handy. You type a search term that is relevant to your industry or video topic and click “Get Keyword Ideas.” This will provide you with even more relevant keywords to use in your title and description than you thought.
2. Utilize simple tools that are at your fingertips: One of those tools is Windows Movie Maker. Some operating systems offer it for free. After you make a video, import it into the tool. Click “tools,” then “titles and credits.” This will put the URL to your website on the video. After following the rest of the steps in Windows Movie Maker, you’ll want to click “File” and “Publish” and voila, you’re done with that step.
3. Aggregate: This next tip is easy and helpful to spreading your video online. Go to TubeMogul.com and upload your video. This makes it easy to upload your video and add it to multiple sites at once. Create an account and login. Upload a video and select the sites you want your video sent to. The tool allows you to choose up to 20 websites at a time.
These are just a few tips for getting started with using YouTube and other video tools to your advantage. They will help you market your independent stylist small business with ease. There are plenty more tools out there. Explore them and then start sharing them on all your social networks.
Just remember, video in marketing isn’t the future, it’s the present. And if you aren’t already using it, you’re falling behind.
-Easy for you, Easy to love-
Latest posts by Deb Hudson (see all)
- Road map to Success- 5 steps for setting and achieving your goals - March 30, 2018
- #ThisIsOurYear- The #1 thing to make this year the best! - February 15, 2018
- 5 Tips to Pump up the Volume of Your Salon’s Social Media Pages - September 21, 2017
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)