We often hear about large corporations, such as WalMart, Amazon.com and Apple, giving back to communities. But no matter how big or small a business may be, it’s always a good idea to give back to the community in some way. Not only will it give you a boost, it will help your customers feel good about patronizing your business.
One beauty salon does just that by taking steps to protect the environment, as well as by offering their services to those in need throughout their community. They take off several days a year to give back — an initiative that gained them publicity, whether or not they were looking for it.
Take a look at these 4 ways you can make a difference in a meaningful way:
1) Embrace a local cause. There’s always something going on in every community, whether it’s an annual fundraising event or an ongoing volunteer opportunity. Make a difference by finding out how you can help. For example, if you have an organization in your area that helps veterans or the homeless find jobs, offer your hair styling services for free to help those community members get off on the right foot.
2) Do your part to minimize your environmental footprint. Recycle whenever possible. If your clients are drinking sodas, bottled water or wine, make sure you encourage recycling. Likewise, find other ways that you can recycle.
3) Go green. Hair dyes, straighteners, and other hair products can be laden with chemicals. In today’s environment, people are much more aware of how their health can be susceptible to damaging toxins. More and more salons are “going green,” recognizing that there are other products out there that are less damaging to customers and the environment. Highlight alternative ways of producing hairstyles without the damaging effects.
4) Ask clients to donate to Locks of Love. You have a client who is planning to make a radical change by cutting off several inches or more of their hair. Make them aware of Locks of Love, a nonprofit charitable organization that makes wigs for children who have lost their hair because of cancer or another medical condition.
-Easy for you, Easy to love-
Latest posts by Deb Hudson (see all)
- Three Ways to Get Your Business Booming - June 15, 2018
- Road map to Success- 5 steps for setting and achieving your goals - March 30, 2018
- #ThisIsOurYear- The #1 thing to make this year the best! - February 15, 2018
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)