Made the decision to be your own boss? Rent a booth? Take matters into your own hands? Congratulations. While that’s a rewarding move, the challenges are just getting started. Besides managing your own schedule, appointments and inventory, you want to ensure that your business continues to grow.
And the first step to growing your business is getting more customers coming to your booth or salon. The challenges of marketing are much more complex than they were just five to 10 years ago. Yet, they can be much more effective if done correctly.
Here are just a few ways to build a loyal clientele and get the word out about your business.
- Be flexible. If you’re just starting out, it’s important to offer something different than your competitors. Perhaps it’s simply a matter of opening your booth early once a week or staying open later in the day — to accommodate those clients with difficult schedules.
- Stay current. You’re in the beauty business. Clients rely on you to keep them abreast of the latest trends and the styles that will keep them looking fashionable. Likewise, be aggressive about keeping up with the products that address your clients’ hair challenges. Not only will you keep them coming in the door, more than likely they will be happy to offer referrals or reviews.
- Keep your web pages updated. Whether you’re using a website or social pages — or both, make sure you’re regularly updating your sites with the latest photos of your work, trends, and products. Offer to answer clients’ questions about hair care.
- Update your booking process. Still using an appointment book? The paper kind? Use a modern form of scheduling that allows you to quickly manage your appointments, as well as automatically send out reminders to clients. It’s also a great way to keep track of special days, like birthdays. Your clients will appreciate it if you offer them some type of discount or bonus near their special day.
- Add a professional touch. Appearance is everything in the styling business if you want to stand out. Make sure you keep your look professional — dress fashionably and keep your hair looking stylish. You are your best calling card. And, speaking of cards, invest in professional business cards that you can pass out. Include a discount for new customers on the back — or leave a space that allows you to jot down a personalized discount.
Make a great impression each time your clients visit your booth. Stylie, a scheduling and point-of-sale tool that’s designed specifically for independent beauty professionals, helps you keep things running smoothly. Contact us for a free trial.
-Easy for you, Easy to love-