As a stylist, it’s important to remember where your success comes from. And, no, it’s not just your natural born talents. We’re talking about the clients who are paying to sit in your chair. Your best tipper and even that habitual no-show (we all have one, don’t we?) deserve a little appreciation sometimes. But pampering clients doesn’t have to be some grand gesture; simple acts of gratitude that go beyond the ordinary salon experience won’t go unnoticed.
Here are 5 ways to pamper your clients:
- Remember their birthdays. Who doesn’t want to feel special on their birthday? Clients certainly do, and you can help them feel special by sending them a birthday text, email or even a good old-fashioned letter in the mail. Oh, and offering a discounted service or product definitely doesn’t hurt, either.
- Create a client appreciation day. Even independent beauty professionals can host client appreciation days. Spread the word about the event on social media or through other outreach channels and advertise any discounted services and products. Another option is to hold a contest on social media in which the winner gets a free haircut or goodie basket.
- Offer more than just a haircut. While clients usually don’t expect more from you than a great cut and color – and sometimes their own personal therapy session – it’s always nice to offer a complementary service during the appointment. Get samples of your favorite products and group them based on clients’ hair concerns (thinning, split ends, dryness, etc.). Have the products ready to try out on your client for his next appointment. Make the appointment more relaxing by giving clients the option of a therapeutic hand massage.
- Provide refreshments. A simple cheese platter might not seem like it makes that much of an impact, but to a client who’s running late and didn’t have time to eat dinner before an appointment, those cheese cubes and crackers could be a life saver. Drinks like water, coffee, tea and even beer or wine also make for a more comfortable experience at the salon.
- Feature them on your website/social media pages. How about some celebrity treatment? If you give someone a fabulous look you’d like to show off, ask her if you can feature her on your website or social media pages. Chances are, any client will feel flattered by the attention and get a boost of confidence from the offer. Just make sure you invest the time in getting the most flattering angles. Get her to strike several poses. After all, you want your client to feel like the paparazzi just swooped down on her.
If you’re looking to stay on top of birthdays, budget or building clientele, request a free trial of Stylie. Stylie is an online calendar and POS tool for independent beauty professionals who want to ensure their clients feel appreciated after every appointment, whether they’re celebrities or not.
-Easy for you, Easy to love-