Congratulations! You did it. You took out those shears and cut the strings that were keeping you away from running your own business as a hairstylist. Now make sure your goal to run a successful business doesn’t get derailed by these common mistakes made by small business owners.
A photo posted by Stylie (@gostylie) on
Take a look.
1. Spending a ton of money upfront. In your eagerness to get your salon off the ground, don’t run out and spend a lot of money on things you don’t need. The upscale decor and pricey equipment can wait until you get financially stable.
2. Trying to do it all yourself. There are some things that are worth your investment, and they don’t necessarily cost big bucks. By outsourcing bookkeeping duties or using an app that helps you automate the process, you can free yourself up to work on business development and maintaining your social media marketing.
3. Neglecting social media. Talk about cost-effective. Social media is one of the best ways to promote your business without a massive investment. It takes consistency though. Carve out 20 to 30 minutes of your day to manage your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media accounts. The payoff will be worth it.
4. Getting discouraged. Starting a business can be scary. When you’re doubting yourself or your decision to go solo, take a moment to remember why you launched a business in the first place. Every entrepreneur goes through low periods before they find success. The key is staying consistent in getting the word out about your business, as well as providing the best service. Seek out other entrepreneurs to help you stay positive.
5. Settling for mediocre. Don’t stop getting the training you need to enhance your skills. Are there new styling techniques out there? Keep up with what’s going on in the industry so that you can provide your customers with the leading trends and hair care.
-Easy for you, Easy to love-
Latest posts by Deb Hudson (see all)
- Three Ways to Get Your Business Booming - June 15, 2018
- Road map to Success- 5 steps for setting and achieving your goals - March 30, 2018
- #ThisIsOurYear- The #1 thing to make this year the best! - February 15, 2018
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)