Sure, it’s likely you consider yourself a self-made expert in social media. In fact, you could build a resume that dates all the way back to when you built your personal Facebook page to your current collection of Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Tumblr. But that expertise doesn’t always translate to how you could be leveraging social media for your business.
Whether you haven’t decided if you need a professional social media account or you need help making yours more effective, use these tips to get more business through the power of social media.
- Communicate with followers. Arguably, the most important part of your social media presence is being able to talk to your followers. And providing them helpful tips — totally free of charge — is one of the most effective ways to gain a loyal audience. Seeing clients once every few months makes you an acquaintance. Being available to talk to clients every day makes you a friend. Posting online makes clients feel closer to you, as they get an inside glimpse into your personality as well as your helpful advice.
- Display the latest styles. Sure, you can pass out business cards all day, but that doesn’t exactly show people what your work looks like — or the types of styles that are trending. With social media, you can post before-and-after pictures; trending hairstyles; and examples of event/holiday hair. Mix it up. Show your work and some of the styles trending among celebrities. You never know: That highlights-turned-ombre side-by-side picture might be what it takes to make a spontaneous follower decide to give you a call.
- Feature exclusive deals. Having a hard time getting followers? Spread the word about promotions that are only available on your social media pages to encourage more follows. To get even more outreach, create a contest that requires followers to share or like your posts so more people will notice your services. Social media also gives you more of an opportunity to promote holiday specials you may be offering, as well as special event discounts.
Managing a professional social media account isn’t easy — that is until you get the hang of it. You must post frequently to keep followers interested and respond to comments fairly quickly to encourage more conversations.
One way to keep track of your posts is to use an online calendar to plan what you’ll post on certain days. Stylie is an online calendar tool that’ll also help you keep track of your marketing and email efforts. Request a free 30-day trial today to get started.
-Easy for you, Easy to love-
Latest posts by Michelle Guetersloh (see all)
- Digital Innovations to Help Hairstylists Better Manage Business - August 16, 2016
- Never Forget that Time is Money in the Salon Business - August 11, 2016
- How to Style a Faux French Twist - August 9, 2016
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)