You do it just about every day. Every time a person gets up out of your chair, she’s leaving more beautiful than she did than when she walked in. At least, you’re convinced she did. Hopefully, she is too.
Hair styling is a very visual thing. It can be a thing of beauty. That’s just one of the reasons why every stylist needs to have an online presence. It’s a great place to show off your work. But it’s also a fantastic place to boost your business.
Many successful salons and independent hairstylists have turned to online channels like social media and blogs to communicate with clients, promote services and drive referrals. Without a website, blog or social media profiles — or all three — you’re missing out on the opportunity to drive referrals and connect with clients. Here are 5 good reasons you need to be online.
- You can save time. Way back in the day, plenty of stylists devoted too much time to picking up the phone — answering calls about hours, fees and services. Why do that now when you can include all that information on a website? Develop a website now, and save yourself a lot of time later. There are numerous DIY website builders that make it easy to get one up in a weekend.
- You can show off your work. Use websites, blogs and social media to showcase your work. Don’t stop with just a few. By regularly posting photos of your clients’ new styles (with their permission, of course), you’re making sure your current clients don’t forget about you. And you’re increasing the likelihood that they will share your posts with friends — especially if they’re the ones featured in the posts.
- You can share your expertise. Even if a person receives a referral from a friend, she still may be hesitant about showing up that first time. Help ease those fears by putting a little of yourself out there through blog posts. By regularly maintaining a blog that shares your ideas about current styles and maintenance tips, you’re showing that you know your stuff. That will help someone feel confident about sitting in your chair.
- You can get more business. While Reasons 1 through 3 can help boost your business, you can increase your chances of getting more clients by using social media to promote specials and discounts. Regularly update clients on current promotions.
- You can get positive feedback. Social media is arguably one of the biggest sources of referrals. In fact, if potential clients read a positive review of you on Facebook or Twitter, they are over 50 percent more likely to use your services. Also, don’t forget to quickly respond to those who compliment your work.
If you need help with more than just your online presence, Stylie can help you be a successful booth renter. Stylie is an online calendar, POS system and inventory management tool that can improve your organization and make clients happy. Request a free 30-day trial today to see how Stylie can help you.
-Easy for you, Easy to love-
Latest posts by Michelle Guetersloh (see all)
- Digital Innovations to Help Hairstylists Better Manage Business - August 16, 2016
- Never Forget that Time is Money in the Salon Business - August 11, 2016
- How to Style a Faux French Twist - August 9, 2016
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)