We get it. You honed your hair styling skills by earning credits in a hair design school, endless hours of work, and exploring new trends and products. Then your business grew by word of mouth. Technology had nothing to do with it. But technology could be the one tool that takes your business to a higher level — in ways you probably never imagined.
Take a look at how you can start running a more efficient and professional salon business by incorporating the software into your daily routine. Here are 6 salon-tested ways to get started.
- Get customers in your chair. It happens. Customers may miss their appointments because they simply forgot or got the date or time all wrong. Unfortunately, that not only represents a missed opportunity for income, but you have to figure out how to fit that client into your schedule. Save yourself time and minimize these types of frustrations by setting up an automated text message reminder for your clients. If they’re unable to make it, they can notify you — giving you time to place another customer in your chair.
- Keep track of client preferences. In the competitive field of hair styling, keeping customers happy is essential. There’s software to help you do just that. Whether you’re using a tablet or a smartphone, you can have easy access to a device that allows you to jot down notes on clients’ preferences as they arise. Perhaps they noticed a hair color they love and want to try on the next visit. By jotting down those notes and adding a reminder, you can make sure you have the color available at her next visit.
- Manage your marketing. Social media marketing is an inexpensive way to promote your business — especially if you can easily manage it. Hair stylists have busy schedules. Using software, you can better manage social media postings as well as updates on your website. By keeping an active presence, you’re better able to keep current clients in tune with specials and updates, as well as provide a way for them to easily refer you.
- Ditch the phone. Why constantly answer the phone or check texts when you could be getting down to the business of making your customers more beautiful? Consider online booking as a way for clients to schedule appointments. With a point-of-sale tool, your clients can schedule their next appointment while sitting in your chair — or schedule it at their convenience. You also can designate which clients can have the privilege of booking online.
- Track your expenses, profits and inventory. If you’re renting a booth or running your own salon, you know how important it is to manage profits, expenses, products and rent. With a point-of-sale tool, the job is done more quickly — saving you time and, as a result, more money.
- Automate your incentives. Use technology to automate your rewards and other incentives — those services or products most likely to get current and new clients into your salon. It’s also a good way to get your current clients to try products and services they may not have tried before – such as waxing, manicures and new haircuts. Think of ways to provide package deals for a combination of services.
With software designed to address the needs of hair stylists, you can better manage your business while opening up opportunities for growth. Stylie, a scheduling and point-of-sale tool that’s ideal for independent beauty professionals, helps you keep things running smoothly. Contact us for a free trial.
-Easy for you, Easy to love-
Latest posts by Michelle Guetersloh (see all)
- Digital Innovations to Help Hairstylists Better Manage Business - August 16, 2016
- Never Forget that Time is Money in the Salon Business - August 11, 2016
- How to Style a Faux French Twist - August 9, 2016
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)