As an independent hairstylist, we estimate you’ll typically manage 250 or more repeat clients, depending on the maturity of your business. Managing so many relationships can eat up time left for administrative and operational tasks (not to mention “me” time). But it shouldn’t.
After all, the point of going solo is to gain more freedom & money with less effort, right?
Well, then the processes and tools you choose to run your business should support that goal, even taking many tasks off your hands entirely. And with new tech advancements available to you, there’s no excuse to suffer through scores of business functions you could put on autopilot instead.
Recognizing that need, The Colorist recently featured Stylie as a way for independent beauty pros to streamline routine processes and run a more efficient business. See page 44. (Thanks, Colorist!)
Stylie capabilities highlighted by The Colorist included:
- Inventory management
- Easy online scheduling
- Automated marketing campaigns
- Point-of-sale management
- Credit card processing (and at a low rate!)
- Client profile/preferences management
- Automated receipts
- Appointment reminders
- Thank-you messages
And, may we add, accurate bookkeeping as tax season approaches? Who doesn’t want easier tax reporting? But we digress.
It turns out independent beauty pros are upgrading their technology en masse this year. To that end, we reviewed a handful of leading industry publications to see what your peers and competitors are doing with technology in 2017.
We found the following, top recurring themes:
- Personalized engagement: Segmenting and automating client communications so they’re highly personalized and relevant to individual clients. Plus, the ability to wow a client by recalling their history, preferences and formulas even before they walk in the door.
- Easy, anywhere/anytime access: Constant connectivity, with the ability to access business and client information from any web-enabled device, anytime.
- Fewer phone calls & no-shows: More confirmed appointments with far less effort, made possible by online scheduling, automated reminders and concierge functions.
A photo posted by Stylie (@gostylie) on
Thoughts to Ponder:
How are you using tech tools to upgrade and simplify your business this year? What one tech tweak can free up your time or strengthen client relationships on a recurring basis? And what’s keeping you from it?
It’s 2017, stylists! Use technology to your advantage.
-Easy for you, Easy to love-
Latest posts by Deb Hudson (see all)
- In the Spotlight-Veronika Sudderth - July 20, 2017
- #ColorJam2017 Second Place Winner- Stephanie Nevels - July 17, 2017
- In the Spotlight-Anastacia Martinez - July 14, 2017
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)