It looks like social media is here to stay, and it’s becoming an integral part of any business marketing strategy. Social media is especially helpful for small businesses like salons; not only does it allow you to interact with your clients, your clients can become spokespeople for your salon online.
According to recent statistics, Facebook’s average unique audience — on mobile only — grew by 14 percent from 2015 to 2016. Now, 146 million people are engaging on Facebook on their mobile devices. Overall, there are nearly 2 billion active Facebook users globally.
Here are some ways to leverage social media to get the word out about your top-notch beauty business.
1. Photos, photos, photos. Social media posts with photos receive nearly 40% more overall engagement than those without. Ask your clients if you may take before and after pictures to use on your Facebook and Instagram pages.
2. Promote special offers. Social media is a good place to share images, but it’s also a great channel to get the word out about any specials or promotions going on at the salon. Always share ongoing or upcoming promotions on your social pages to get them across a large audience in a small amount of time.
3. Take appointments. Accepting appointments from mobile platforms will become essential to your business’ survival. Most of your clients are working at the same hours you are. It can be difficult to find time to make a phone call to schedule an appointment.
When people are looking for a new salon, convenience is one of the main factors in their decision. There are several software platforms that allow clients to schedule appointments from your website or social media pages.
4. Start a blog. Blogging is a terrific way to boost your Google page rank and to establish yourself as a knowledgeable authority in your field. Start a blog about new hair and fashion trends, unique ways to wear different hairstyles, or products you swear by. Promote your blog posts on your social media pages and encourage fans to share. Examine the keywords that lead people to your website and tailor your blog posts to bring in more traffic.
If you don’t currently have social media channels established for your salon, you’re missing out on potential new clients and higher revenues. If you’re intimidated by the daunting task of taking on one more thing in addition to your current daily tasks, consider hiring a reputable local firm to take care of social media marketing for you.
You’ll be glad you did when you see the results in your bottom line!
-Easy for you, Easy to love-
Latest posts by Deb Hudson (see all)
- In the Spotlight-Veronika Sudderth - July 20, 2017
- #ColorJam2017 Second Place Winner- Stephanie Nevels - July 17, 2017
- In the Spotlight-Anastacia Martinez - July 14, 2017
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)