You cut those tresses, pull off your magic with color, and apply healing masks to restore the luster in your clients’ hair. What else is there? How about blogging? If you’re not regularly taking the time to write or post about your work, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to expand your clientele and get closer to current clients.
Not only that, you’ll have a new platform for promoting your business.
Still need convincing? Consider these reasons why you should start blogging now:
- You’ll connect with clients. Blogging gives you the chance to show clients what it’s like being a stylist, and allows them to get to know you on a more personal level. You can also use your blog to answer clients’ most frequently asked questions, respond to comments and give advice, and discuss your current favorite products.
- Show off your work. You should already be taking pictures of hairstyles you’re proud of, but your blog can be used as a portfolio of your best work. Showing off your handiwork gives potential clients an idea of what you can do (and how good you can make them look), and makes them more likely to request your services.
- Stay on top of trends. Bloggers – especially in the fashion and beauty category – are typically in-the-know when it comes to following the latest trends. That said, you can keep up with and share current trends with your audience, so clients will be more likely to look to you when searching for new hairstyles.
- Promote your services. Keeping a blog makes it really simple to promote any discounts, special events or new services you’re offering. While social media is a great way to spread the word about specials, writing about them on your blog gives you more room for description. Plus, you can use social media to tease a giveaway or discount, and direct the audience to your blog for more information.
- Gain popularity. When you use blogging as a means of marketing yourself and gaining new clients, you’re expanding your reach to people who may not have heard of you otherwise. While word-of-mouth referrals may be your number one source of new business, you’re limiting yourself if you don’t attempt to reach new clients by blogging.
Whether you’re using every social platform available or sticking to traditional means, you still need a way to keep track of your outreach. Stylie is an online tool that can help you track your marketing and promotion efforts. Request a free 30-day trial today.
-Easy for you, Easy to love-